Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What direction are we heading?

We are headed up my friend! That's right. In just over 2 weeks we have raised over $11,000.00 for A Van for Lucas. My praise goes to Jesus for guiding this project from the beginning.

Things that are in the works are an anonymous donor who has agreed to match all donations up to $1000.00, Owen Hansen, who is 8 years old, is readying himself to make his second donation which will put his personal total at over $200.00....did I mention that he is 8?, I am working with local agencies to get A Van for Lucas tied into already planned fundraisers who are looking for a local cause to partner with, I have met with a close friend of mine who owns many local restaraunts. He and are I are discussing how his establishments can assist in helping us raise funds, A Van for Lucas has spread across to the country to the state of Missouri. A family member of the O'Healy da Silva family has shared the story with her church....they are aware and that, my friend, is the first step.

Each day, new and exciting ideas are given to me. I follow through when my day permits....currently, my baby is sleeping and my boys are making mudpie. One of the best parts about working on A Van for Lucas is each day my kids will say, "how much money did we raise for Lucas today mommy?" They get it.....Thank the Lord for that.

Stay tuned! And Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome news karyn. you should write the Ellen show. She has been doing a ton of cool stuff for people in need on her show. can't hurt!

    ReplyDelete