Monday, May 4, 2009

Action


It is so interesting.....in the times when things don't seem to be happening, I have this overwhelming urge to create "action", or developments or whatever you would like to call them. I suppose that it is the culture that we live in that tells us that if a day goes by without major steps forward, significant advances in plans, that the plan may fail. I know that even if the changes aren't seen by me, the changes, and advances are happening.

We have a lot of ideas regarding fundraising. Each day we fine tune them. Today's largest challenge was for me to give up my sense of control over how I feel things should be done. Instead I am relying on two people who are active in corporate America; my husband and Rob Giglio. They both know how to look at this objectively...afterall, we women are hardwired with emotions. Luckily, I married a man who also has emotions. However, he has an amazing business mind, as well. Both Donny and Rob have explained to me to line up the ideas, work each one seperately, determine its value and then move on to the next. This is a straight forward approach to raising our $40, 000.00. Feesibly, the ideas that we have been given can lead us to our goal. My prayer at this point is that I can step back enough so I don't get in the way.

Would you like to help us today? Forward this blog out to someone you know.....help us spread the word. In all honesty, the most promising fundraising leads have come from the least likely places......the A Van for Lucas team needs you to help us continue on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment