Monday, May 18, 2009

Him or Us?

Here is the deal. From the very beginning, when A Van for Lucas was presented to me, I knew that it came from a place larger than me. A Van for Lucas was larger than anything I felt I could succeed at. However, God had a different idea. He has driven every inch of the effort so far. He has given me ideas, opened up connections, led me down paths that I would never have thought of on my own. He is behind this entire plan.

A Van for Lucas was created to give those involved and those following our story an opportunity to either praise and glorify God if you know Him or to meet God if you don't. That, my friends is the bottom line. I know this for sure. You may be asking yourself, "What? I thought A Van for Lucas was created to raise funds and awareness so we could purchase a wheel chair equipped van for Lucas." The latter is our goal. "Our" meaning those here with Lucas. God's goal is to introduce Himself to those who have yet to meet Him or to be present with those who already believe. I began to get caught up to deeply in my own plan last week and because of that, I lost sight of what is really happening here. I authorized some of the people involved to proceed without giving God the credit, without capturing where He is present in this story. I did it all so we wouldn't scare away potential supporters of A Van for Lucas. I am ashamed of myself for that decision.

As we know, God will take charge when He has to. He spoke very clearly to Colleen, Lucas's mom, and made it clear that we need to reshoot her portion of the video so her true feelings and experiences, this far, can be captured. Thanks be to God for speaking to Colleen. Thanks to Colleen for standing up for what she knows is true.

The last couple of weeks I have come across more and more people who truly know what they stand for. I admire the courage it takes to see this part of yourself and to be able to voice it. Not all are given this personal insight to themselves. Through Colleen, God has given me the courage to stand taller with Him at my side. If it scares people or makes them uncomfortable, than that is a risk that I will have to take. This I know for sure.

For Lucas's sake, for God's goal and "our" goal, I hope each of you who is following A Van for Lucas, can challenge themselves to look at what you really believe, what you really know to be the truth. What do we have to lose? Not a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment